Long summer nights, walks on the beach, sand in your toes... (Daydreaming) Oh, please excuse me. I was dreaming of the beach. With spring almost here, I know you're planning your summer vacation. Maybe a trip to the mountain, or the most favorite of all, the beach! I remember many fond family memories by the ocean. Actually that's where the love of coastal beaches, seashells, and beautiful blue waters began. 
images
We must not forget the sunsets by the water too. Those are my favorite, and it's really nice if you get a oceanfront hotel room with a balcony. 

If you're in the midst of planning your gataway, here is a checklist so you don't forget something important.
media-20180307
Sunglasses and sunscreen is a must. I remember one time my brother and I spent the day out on the sand and by that evening, we looked like two lobsters. We even applied sunscreen too, but still managed to get crispy red. And boy did that hurt! 
Books and magazines are a must too. I like to bring my Kindle along and read while sitting out on the water. Nothing spells relaxed quite like that. If you're looking to add books to your Kindle, check out one of my novels. It would make a great read, while watching the ocean tide come in. 
I'll share some summer traveling hacks that you and your family may find useful. 

1. Pack a bag with napkins and plastic utensils to make eating on-the-go that much easier.

Do you ever get frustrated when the fast food restaurant never puts napkins, forks or spoons in your bag? By doing this hack, you'll always be prepared. 

3. While you’re at it, download GasBuddy to find the cheapest gas along your route.

If you're like me, you like to save on gas when you can. By using the GasBuddy app, you'll be sure to always get the lowest rate. 

4. Use cling wrap for a makeshift lid to avoid mid-drive spillage.

This is another great hack. No one likes to clean up a drink that's spilled everywhere. 
I hope you find these tips and hacks useful while planning your trip. Share how they've worked for you by sending me an email, justin@justinlambe.com 
Let's count down the days til summer together!
~Justin D. Lambe

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering Barbara Bush

Oh, how I love snow days!