For this weeks blog post, I wanted to share Chapter One of my new book Order In The DEATH. It's release date is scheduled for Sept 5th. You can pre-order the e-book version on Kindle now for 99 cents. Visit this link, goo.gl/ZW1G81 Enjoy!


Chapter  1





“HONEY, IS TIMOTHY  ready for school?” Judy Anderson asked as she made a peanut butter sandwich.
       “Yes, dear. His homework and essay are in his book-bag,” replied William Anderson.
       The Anderson’s lived in a quiet town of Clintwood, North Carolina. It was nestled about twenty miles outside of Asheville. They chose this area for its fantastic scenery, as well as the schools,  were top rated of the whole state.
       “Son, have a great day at school. I hope you get an excellent grade. We’ll keep our fingers crossed.” Judy said as she walked Timothy to the bus stop.
       Timothy turned and smiled, “I hope so too, Mom.”

By that time the bus was just pulling around the corner. Timothy stepped on, then Judy walked back to the house to finish some morning chores.
“Did you read over his essay?” William was helping Judy clean the breakfast table.
          “I glanced at it for a minute, but didn’t give it much attention.”      
“Our son has talent when it comes to writing. When he gets older a Journalist job would be perfect for him.”
     “He’s leaning toward something in the medical field. We’ll have to wait and see. Whatever he decides to do we’re going to support him to the fullest.”

William was a licensed Real Estate agent, and Judy was a Sales Agent for AT&T. Their busy schedules didn’t  allow for family time, but they did what was necessary.
       William grabbed his briefcase, “Judy, I won’t be home till late tonight. I have a last minute closing and  can’t miss it.”
“That’s okay, do what you need to. We’ll be here when you get home.” Judy signed. She was used to him not coming home til late anyway.

In class, Timothy received his essay back from the teacher. It was marked A+ with a note “Great job. Keep up the good work. I wish my writing skills were like yours.”
With that comment, it made Timothy’s day. He couldn’t wait to bring it home and show his parents.

Down at the local Real Estate office, Appalachian Properties business was as usual. William sat at his desk, pulled up his email, and was shocked by what he saw. It was an email from Judy, with a forwarded copy from Attorney Howard Branch.
He sank down in his chair, pulled his glasses off, and began to read.    
    The email sounded like divorce. There was no way around it. William thought, “I can’t believe what I’m reading. Why would she do this? I thought she was happy. I gave her everything she  wanted, a nice home, car, supplied all of her needs….”  The questions rolled around in his mind like a whirlwind.
Judy’s complaints were how she didn’t feel like their marriage was successful, and they never spent any time together. Also, she felt concerned about Timothy because he was never around his father, but for short periods of time.        
William thought, “I’m doing this to make their life wonderful, and to give them what they want. I strive to make them feel happy.”
Williams boss, Mr. Johnson poked his head in the door, “Mr. Anderson, I haven’t seen you this morning. Is everything alright?”
William sighed, as he looked away from his computer screen,  “Things isn’t going great. I received a shocking email. I won’t go into details, but it isn’t good.”
“I’m sorry, William. If there's anything I can do, please let me know.” Mr. Johnson said as he walked out the doorway.
William and Mr. Johnson would always have coffee in the front lobby every morning. This had been a tradition since he was first hired.     
Later that morning, the best thing William could do is put this behind him for now and get some work done.
    The phone began to ring, “Good Morning, this is William, can I help you?”
“Hello, Sir. This is George Manning. I wanted to make sure we were having the closing this evening.”
    William paused, he had totally forgotten about it. “Yes, Sir. I will see you at five if that’s okay?”
“5’o clock is perfect. I’ll see you then.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering Barbara Bush

Oh, how I love snow days!