Who's ready for spring?

If you're like me, you're counting down the day's til Spring makes its appearance. These colder temperatures come to an end and the warmer weather rolls in. Also, the leaves come to life and show their green color again. Spring means a lot of time outside, and endless household projects. Ugg. 


Sometimes change can be a good thing. I'll admit, I'm not much on change, but I do like to see the different seasons. From spring to summer, summer to fall, and fall to winter. I like to see families outside having picnics in the summertime. Evening rides on the back roads. And not to mention summer vacations. Days spent at the lake, long walks, and hikes. Oh, how I wish it was springtime! 


This picture says it all. Just a little longer and it'll be here. What's your favorite thing to do during the spring season? I like how the earth wakes up, the grass gets greener, the leaves return and the warmer days. One more thing I like about spring, is the birds return from their vacation from the south. I have two hummingbird feeders I put out, and I love sitting on the deck and watching them fly in to take a drink. 



Here's a spring to-do-list we all can do. Spend more time laughing with family and friends. Read under a tree, my favorite. It's like time stands still when you're reading a book outside and listening to the sounds of nature. Walk barefoot in the grass. Raise your hand if you've ever done that. (Hands Raised) I've done this many times as a child and now as an adult. Take deep breaths, and soak in the fresh air. We don't get much fresh air in the house during the winter months. 

So while we can daydream about it being springtime, we know it'll be here before long. March 20th, please come quick. Another thought, I better start making my project to-do-list! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering Barbara Bush

Oh, how I love snow days!